- Ken Thompson created the Plan 9 file server
- and maintained it for many years.
- The cached WORM driver is based upon
- Sean Quinlan's PhD. thesis and prototype.
- Jim McKie maintained the IBM-PC-dependent code,
- a thankless job.
- Bruce Ellis modified the
- .I 8c
- compiler in 2004
- to generate much faster code for common
- .I vlong
- operations, which made the 64-bit file server feasible.
- Nigel Roles contributed support for the APC UPS
- and the NCR/Symbios/LSI-Logic SCSI host adaptors.
- .IP 
- Sean Quinlan, ``A Cached WORM File System,''
- .I "Software\(emPractice and Experience" ,
- Vol 21., No 12., December 1991, pp. 1289\-1299.