Harvey: A distributed operating system
Welcome to Harvey, we are delighted that you are interested in the
## What is harvey?
Harvey is a distributed operating system. It is direct descendant
of [Plan 9 from Bell Labs](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Bell_Labs) which was originally
developed by the same group at Bell Labs that invented Unix and C.
- Take a look at the
guide to learn how to get Harvey and how to play with it.
- You enjoyed playing with Harvey and you want to help out? Great!
Take a look at our
The contribution guide covers a wide variety of topics including the
Harvey coding style,
[Code of Conduct](https://github.com/Harvey-OS/harvey/wiki/Code-of-Conduct),
where to get help and so on.
- We also cover a wide variety of topics on our
- If the information you are looking for is not on the wiki, ask the
[Mailing list](https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/harvey) or
help. It is where most of the development conversation happens.
- [Man Pages](https://sevki.io/harvey/sys/man/1/0intro) are where you
can read man pages from the head of the repository.
- Harvey also has a [blog](https://blog.harvey-os.org) and a
[twitter account](https://twitter.com/harvey_os) where we share news
and things we are excited about.